The Press-TV Global News report of September 8, 2011 (4:30pm GMT) contained this segment about the state academic freedom in Canada, and in Canada's capital Ottawa in particular.
The Press TV video report features:
- James Turk (Executive Director, Canadian Association of University Teachers),
- Yavar Hameed (human rights lawyer),
- Joseph Hickey (student representative on the Senate, University of Ottawa),
- Ian Bron (Managing Director, Canadians for Accountability),
- Denis Rancourt (wrongfully dismissed Full Professor with tenure, University of Ottawa), and
- activist students being wrongfully arrested for free expression on the campus of Carleton University (Ottawa).
Labour law tribunal hearings into the wrongful dismissal of Denis Rancourt are on-going and can be followed HERE.