Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The matters in dispute between the University of Ottawa and professor Denis Rancourt have been amicably resolved

Denis Rancourt in front of his office door at the University of Ottawa in 2006.

I'm happy to report that all the matters in dispute between the University of Ottawa and me have been amicably resolved, through voluntary mediation that occurred on January 16, 2019, with the help of expert mediator William Kaplan.

The terms of the agreement are confidential.

The protracted litigation started before I was dismissed from my Full Professorship on March 31, 2009. The most current aspects of the conflict were described by me in an article in the January 2019 issue of the Society for Academic Freedom and Scholarship's SAFS Newsletter (LINK).

I am happy with this development. I am thankful to my union, the Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa (APUO), for its continuous and unwavering support, and for the many students and friends who over the years signed petitions, wrote letters, attended hearings, followed the events, and publicly expressed their opinions. Thank you all very very much!

On the professional side, I am now going to more fully devote myself to my volunteer work as a researcher at the Ontario Civil Liberties Association (ocla.ca), to helping folks that way; and to my social theory explorations (author-page at Dissident Voice), plus some basic and environmental science. Follow my agitation on current issues on Facebook.

Check out my researcher page on Research Gate (LINK), and see my profile on Google Scholar (LINK).

[updated on 2019-03-31]


No comments: